About Office of Cooperative Research and Development
Intellectual Property Division
- Assessment/examination of intellectual property, patent applications, acquiring, maintaining and waiving IP rights, etc.
- Joint IP rights application agreements
- IP human resource development, education, awareness-raising and PR
- Business tie-ups/coordination with TLO (Technology Licensing Organization)
Business Development Division
- Promotion of Tohoku University research activities
- Planning and promoting organizational partnerships in relation to industry-university collaboration
- Promotion and support for business start-ups using research results
- Support for research agreements with overseas companies
Industry-University Cooperation Division
- Planning training for industry-university collaboration and IP
- Creation of various types of survey materials related to university-industry collaboration (including IP)
External Fund Management
- Support for research agreement arrangements on joint and sponsored research, etc.
- Requests for research funding allocations
- Acceptance of donations and establishment of endowed chairs and research divisions, etc.
Innovation Promotion Support Division
- Administrative support for organizational Industry-University collaboration projects
Center for Integrated Nanotechnology Support
- Rental service for equipment (i.e. electronic microscope, etc.) related to nanotechnology research